This 'Strong Ale' is designed to challenge the skill of the brewer in managing a difficult fermentation.
Everything about this beer is BIG!
- 3 times the amount of fermentables than regular beers - lots of malt!
- Lots of extra hops to help balance out the malt
- 10 times as much yeast utilizing multiple strains
- 4 weeks of fermentation including twice daily additions of yeast nutrient, oxygen, and concentrated wort
- Extra time to age - resulting in a smooth and mellow monster beer
- Long aging creates a Port like character
We recommend serving in a brandy snifter in 2 to 3 ounce pours.
This beer pairs excellently with a fine cigar!
Each batch is different...
- Batch 2012-05 is our traditional overhopped monster version
- Batch 2012-06 is our chocolate stout based version
- Batch 2012-07 is based on European influences - malts, noble hops, with a subtle maple flavor in the finish